Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles, changing lives
At?Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our diverse and collaborative teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
The Area Sales Manager will be managing the Sales Area of Denmark, Iceland and Finland for Align Technology. You will be responsible for multiple territories and Territory Managers and sales teams selling Orthodontic Products in the Nordics to achieve Operational Plan in line with company and country strategic objectives. You will do this through the ongoing development of your team.
The Area Sales Manager accomplish this through extensive support and development of their team, via one-toone coaching and demo visits, one-to-one business reviews and ongoing personal development. The Area Sales Manager should drive their Territory Managers achieve their Operational Plan via detailed account and territory planning that includes but is not limited to; establishing account relationships with customers and potential customers, supporting the educational pathway, practice development including the provision of practice events aimed at business generation as well as proactively communicating with customers and noncustomers. Further the Area Sales Manager will be responsible for managing the DSOs and management and development of KOLs and dental associations in Denmark, Iceland and Finland.
We recently moved in to our own floor in the Regus building in Copenhagen and are aiming to move to our own office in Ørestad by September 2022. The Nordics team more than double last year and by now we have almost 50 employees across the region (and growing)! About 20 of them are working from the office in Ørestad. They come to the office on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. On those days face to face meetings take place, they have lunch together in the canteen and field-based employees visit for trainings etc. The other days there is the flexibility to work from home.
In this role, you will…
- Provide leadership in one-on-one, region, and group settings
- Achievement of quarterly and annual area sales targets/Operational Plan
- Provide all appropriate reporting to the General Manager Nordics, including feedback from customers and Territory Manager and you provide training in product knowledge, selling skills, and territory management, Salesforce, and Align Terms and Conditions of Business
- An Area Sales Manager evaluates levels of customer, product and systems knowledge via in-field assessment
- You ensure that the Territory Managers manage accounts in their assigned territory via TAPS (Territory Activity Planning for Sales) on a quarterly basis, with specific action plans depending on customer type and identify and resolve customer issues and concerns when required
- orks with the General Manager to set Operational plan for future periods
- Ensure management of incumbent territory base and customers
- Consult with General Manager on Implementation of objectives and sales budgets and maintain a personal level of product knowledge and competence in Dental and/or Orthodontia medical equipment
- Ensure the effective fulfillment of objectives and deadlines assigned on an individual and team basis and adherence to agreed team KPIs
In this role, you’ll need …
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience required
- Native Danish and fluent in English are a must
- 10 years of Sales experience including 5 years’ experience essential with years of managing a sales team
- Proven track record of on-target achievement as both a sales person and sales manager
- Proven experience in Capital Equipment sales preferred
- Extensive knowledge of the Nordic Dental Market (clinical and lab), current industry trends
- Natural ability to spot business opportunities and to persuade and influence others
- Advanced presentation and negotiation skills. Maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public
- Experience in budget management preferred
- Used to work independently and as part of a team with a high level of time management skills
- Full, clean driving license
- Living within your sales area.
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the "Apply" link to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry,?Align?is quickly growing so we are creating more opportunities to expand our Align family. Please consider joining our Talent Network to receive notifications about future jobs or sharing this opportunity with others in your network
Align Technology is a publicly traded medical device company that is?transforming smiles and changing lives. Our global team of talented employees develop innovative technology, tools and treatment options to help dental professionals worldwide achieve the clinical results they expect. Our digital ecosystem combines the power of technology to create beautiful smiles through the integration of AI and machine learning, digital imaging and visualization, biomechanics and material science to develop the Invisalign system, the most advanced clear aligner system in the world; iTero Intraoral Scanners and?OrthoCAD?digital services. Did you know? Align is the world’s largest manufacturer of custom 3D-printed materials.
By joining Align, you will be part of a global, fast-growing company in one of the most dynamic industries. Great people, innovative technologies, and meaningful work – these are just some of the?things?employees say make Align Technology a great place to work.
We respect your privacy. Please review?our Applicant Privacy Policies for additional information
Global Diversity Statement:
At Align, we believe in the power of a smile, and we know that every smile is as unique as our employees. As we grow, we will continue building a workforce of diverse cultural backgrounds and life experiences and fostering a culture of open-mindedness and compassion for all our employees. We live our company values by promoting healthy people and healthy communities. All with the intent of changing millions of lives, one unique smile at a time
Equal Opportunity Statement
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all of our employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for positions with Align must be legally authorized to work in the country which they are applying for and verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.